Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My View



When I left for work this morning, my mom reminded me to take my lunch with me.  We both packed salads for lunch; mine with ranch dressing, hers had balsamic-vinaigrette.  She brought my lunch over and placed it in my hands while I grabbed my keys and headed to work.

Most days I eat my lunch in my car.  I drive across the street from where I work and sit in the parking lot.  Since the sun was out today and the temperature was in the 50's, I had my window cracked and was enjoying the beautiful November weather.  

I grabbed my salad, pulled out my fork, popped off the lid to my tupperware container and saw I had the wrong salad!  I HATE balsamic-vinaigrette dressing!  I choked down the salad and mid bite, a man walked by and he saw my window was down.  "Got an extra fork?"  He yells.

Thinking he actually needed a fork, I tell him I actually do have an extra fork because I keep plastic forks in my car since I often forget to pack a fork, and then I realized he didn't have any food in his hand.  

Ohhhhh, haha, blonde moment...

"Just saying, it looks like a good lunch."  He said and walked away.  I couldn't help but laugh as I was thinking the salad was ruined.  And that's when it occurred to me that everything changes because of someone's point of view.  Like someone behind a camera, we direct the lens to see what we want to seewe focus in on the detail, or snap a scenic landscape.  There is nothing wrong with my point of view, or anyone else point of view as long as we remember it makes sense in someone else's mind even when it doesn't make sense in ours.


So I pulled out my camera and snapped my own photo which described my view.  I angled the camera so I could capture my view as artistically as I saw fit and hit the shutter.  Although the picture might not mean anything to you, to me, I simply see another image from my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say...