Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Residents in my Apartment Complex

I moved in to apartment 20 a little over a year ago.  I was so excited to be back on my own again, and I was thrilled I found something within my price range.  I signed the lease and moved in, never questioning my decision, even though I was aware my apartment complex looked a lot like an abandoned insane asylum.

I guess it didn't bother me because I've lived in shady apartment when I lived in Miami. However, the longer I live in my little shoebox apartment, the more I notice the look on peoples faces when they come over to my place for the first time.  It's a familiar look that pretty much says you could do better.

I'm pretty sure even the pizza delivery boy was thinking that when he handed over my pizza the other day.  I looked back with a really delivery boy look on my face.

I probably could do better, but I'm living within my means, so apartment 20 is fine for now.

I'm pretty sure it's not my actual apartment everyone has a problem with...it's the hallway and the people roaming the hallway that make people concerned about my safety. 

A few days after I moved in, I met Todd from apartment 1...and I've been avoiding him ever since.  However, he told me to steer clear of the drug dealer in apartment 23 but as it turns out, she is the nicest person to me, always friendly and polite.  And then there is the friendliest neighbor of all, and I don't know his name because I've never asked.   He's autistic or OCD or has a stutter or maybe all because he tells me the same thing three times in a row.  He's always sitting on the steps waiting for his ride when I leave for work at 6:15a.m., and he says, "good, good, good morning..."  he struggles to get it out as I pass him and head out the door, "have a good day, have a good day, have a, have a, have a good day."

This one guy that I was kinda sorta dating for a hot minute...D... hated coming to my place, but let's be honest, he turned out to be a snob who made me take off my shoes and spray them before entering his place just in case I might bring in bed bugs to his apartment.  Anyway, apparently the first time he walked down the hallway, one of the residents decided to talk to him about random conspiracy theories.  And I had to hear about it constantly about how weird my neighbors are, and how I need to move out asap....

My neighbors are characters for sure... I mean, this guy hasn't gotten the memo that Halloween is over...
 
 And this one has to be the most loving and likable person ever...
 
 
As weird and bizarre as they might be, they don't bother me.  I come and I go and if we pass each other in the halls, most wave and say hello. 
 
But the hallways are pretty shady looking...
 
The other day T stopped by and was so repulsed by the spider he saw coming in the door, he said he wasn't ever going to hang out with me anymore.  I thought he was joking but I haven't seen him since...so...maybe I should talk to the landlord about the spider problems because it might be harming my potential dating interest...
 
It's not a horrible place to live.  For the most part, it is pretty quiet here and even though there are more spiders and nasty bugs than I am comfortable with, apartment 20 is home to me and Prim right now.

4 comments:

  1. The halloween door is a little creepy to walk past. And, I love how the second guys ends his list with "Have a nice day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any odd smells coming from the apartment with the Halloween decorations? Because, you know...It's been awhile...

    Hey, you have to like where you live. And if it's fine with you, then who cares what anyone else thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valid point....I'll pay attention to the hallway smells now...

      Delete

Say what you need to say...