Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Confessional

I have to make a confession.

I have neglected this blog and the blogging world.   I have neglected my love of writing.  I have neglected story telling, and I even dropped out of NaNoWriMo 1,000 words in because I didn't have time to write.

Who am I anymore?  I love writing.   I used to live and breathe writing.   I always had a journal full of ideas with me.... now, I keep forgetting to take my journal with me.

I really miss it.  I still have all these ideas in my head I want to write down.  I have a perfect children's story plot.  I have memories to share.  I just got back from a trip to Nashville, Tennessee.   I never even told you about all of my adventures in Canada either!  

So, I'm going to do my best to blog once a week until the end of the year.   It might only be a paragraph, but at least I'll feel like I'm writing again!

But I keep thinking, if I want to make a living as an author, how will that ever happen if I don't write... or I don't expose my writing to the world?   I used to have fans and followers of my words, and I let meaningless distractions stop my writing, stop me from posting, and eventually shut down my blog.   I know I can get there again... as long as I do some writing.

Each year I make some New Years Resolutions, and writing and blogging is sure to be a top priority for 2016.  

Ok, I'm off to prepare food for the festivities today.... but I had to get it off my chest.  So get used to me... I'm coming back to blogging!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I need to get back to it, too. Maybe we can remind each other to blog, AND, what's the big idea breaking the "no Christmas decorations until after my birthday" rule??? LOL! But, your "crow" looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say...