Wednesday, March 1, 2017

This feels like home

In the last year, I have started three other blogs.  After a few weeks, I would get out of habit because I couldn't find stories that would "fit" that blogs category.  I tried to only post about health and fitness on one blog, but how many times can you tell the same story about a workout or the symptoms of having an auto-immune disease that makes losing weight a tiresome task?  I post so much about my health journey on instagram, snapchat, and facebook, that adding a blog about that same topic made me seem...obsessed... with my health journey.  (That is true, I am totally obsessed and committed to living a healthy lifestyle, even made it a part time job...)

I also started a blog with only recipes, which I'd been regularly posting and updating...and then my oven broke and my landlord simply doesn't see this as an issue.  I'm finding it very difficult to cook these days.

I also started a blog for the stories behind the recipe.  If you recall, I love to cook but I'm also a bit of a messy-freestyle cook.  I thought I would easily be able to tell stories from my kitchen mishaps, but the only mishap I've had since starting that blog is the time when my oven stopped working.   I was struggling to find content to write about.

 Over the last year, I've learned that I can't put myself in a box.  I can't stick to one category.  When I write, I prefer to write without limitations and so I've decided to come back to this blog.  After all, once upon a time, there was a girl who loved to write.

These tales by a story girl might talk about my health and fitness journey, or it might talk about my kitchen mishaps, and I might even share a few recipes, but the theme of this blog is simply to share stories that happen in my life, whether it's spurred by a thought or an action.  This blog feels like home and maybe someday I'll open up doors and let guests come in and entertain them with my stories, but for right now, I'm putting in the key and unlocking the door.

Right now, I am out of work and fully depending on my income from my part time coaching gig.  Even though lack of work is a bit stressful on my bank account right now, I've found myself spending time doing things I have neglected over the past year... writing and photography.  I really believe this is my future...whether it be freelance writing and photography, or if it continues as a hobby and I hone my crafts.  Needless to say, I'm home.

The door is open.  Stop in and say hello.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    Yay! I hope this becomes a more regular thing.

    I'm sorry you're out of work. I hope it is actually a good thing?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say...